Suji (semolina) & Atta (wheat flour) Halwa
Suji & Atta Halwa:
This is a very easy recipe to make; very wholesome, healthy and tasty too. Try it with small quantities initially.
· Atta (wheat flour) – 1 cup
· Suji (Rawa / semolina) – ½ cup
· Water – 6 cups
· Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 or 3 tbs. (more is better)
· Sugar – 1 cup
· Dry fruits (assorted) for garnishing
· Chop and fry dry fruits in a tsp. of ghee and keep aside.
· Heat ghee in a frying pan and roast atta and suji until golden brown.
· Add water and let it cook. Keep stirring to make sure it does not stick to the base.
· When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, it is done.
· Add sugar.
· Remove from the stove after the sugar is absorbed.
· Spread the fried dry fruits on the halwa and serve hot.
Note: More ghee, better the taste!